Oh no, the Patriots are on a bye this week! What’s an owner to do?!
We have got your covered. For each position this week, The Hazean will give you one guy to start who probably is available on your league’s waiver wire … because we know how important those Patriots are to everyone’s fantasy teams.
Good luck as always!
- JP Losman @ Dolphins: This one is for you, Tom Brady owners. Losman seems to be back on track as the Bills’ starting quarterback, and has Buffalo in the thick of the playoff hunt in the AFC. With Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch heating up, Losman has the weapons to have a big week in South Beach.
- Marc Bulger @ Saints: The Rams may not be able to beat the scorching hot Saints, but they might be able to put up some points. Bulger is going to need to air it out, and the Rams are healthier now than they have been for a long time.
- Priest Holmes/Kolby Smith v. Broncos: I know most Laurence Maroney owners are disappointed by his performance so far this year, but even Maroney owners may need a fill-in this weekend. Look no further than the old faithful Priest Holmes. Or Kolby Smith, if Holmes is gone. Hey, they may not be great, but you should get Maroney-esqe production from either (or both).
- Cedric Benson @ Raiders: Benson needs to quiet the critics quickly. Coming off the bye and facing the Oakland Raiders just may be the recipe for success for Benson and the Bears’ running game.
- David Patten v. Rams: No Randy Moss or Wes Welker? No problem. Patten is thriving as Drew Brees’ No. 2 guy behind Marques Colston, and should continue to do so — especially this weekend against the Rams.
- Bobby Engram v. 49ers: Engram is as consistent as they come at wide receiver and he is a safe play this weekend against the reeling 49ers.
- Phillip Rivers v. Colts: For three quarters last weekend, the Colts made Tom Brady look like a regular quarterback. What do you think they will make Rivers look like?
- Donovan McNabb @ Redskins: McNabb has been highly inconsistent so far this year, and there is no reason to believe he will turn it around at Washington this weekend.
- Rudi Johnson @ Ravens: Johnson is off the injury report, but draws a tough matchup. The Ravens shut down Willie Parker last weekend and are looking for revenge after last week’s embarrassing loss to Pittsburgh.
- Travis Henry @ Chiefs: Henry has yet to practice this week and just does not seem like the same runner as last year’s version. He may be troubled by his off-the-field problems. Selvin Young is waiting in the wings …
- Chris Chambers v. Colts: If Rivers struggles, so too does Chris Chambers. Besides, the Colts do a great job of covering all receivers not named Randy Moss.
- Steve Smith v. Falcons: Smith is being bothered by a hip pointer, but may be more bothered by the Panthers quarterback situation. It may be time to sit the stud if you have better options.
Note: I will try to answer all roster related questions until quitting time on Friday. Please, tell your friends about this blog! And as always, good luck to everyone this weekend! ~TH~
Share this post:digg it|kick it|Email it|bookmark it|reddit|liveIt
Filed under: Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports, Football, NFL, Quarterbacks, Runningbacks, Sports, Start Sit, Wide receivers | Tagged: Cedric Benson, Donovan McNabb, Priest Holmes, Rudi Johnson, Steve Smith, Travis Henry |