Different week, same story: Injuries to big-name players in the NFL continue to haunt fantasy owners. Although there appear to be no serious, long-term injuries, several players figure to capitalize on any missed time or ineffective play by the incumbents. Here are a few gems that may be on your waiver wire:
- Maurice Morris, RB, Seahawks: With Shaun Alexander struggling, it might only be a matter of time before Morris starts getting more opportunities in the Seattle offense.
- Priest Holmes, RB, Chiefs: Larry Johnson might be out this week with an ankle injury, and Holmes figures to get most of the work at runningback in LJ’s absence. Kolby Smith likely will split time with Holmes, too.
- Chris Henry, WR, Bengals: Finally back from suspension, and in the nick of time. Chad Johnson may not play this weekend after suffering a neck injury against the Bills last weekend, so the Bengals need Henry’s big-play ability in the lineup.
- JP Losman, QB, Bills: Losman is turning it on at the right time while fighting for his job. It always seems he and Lee Evans wait until the second half of the season to get things going.
- Justin Fargas, RB, Raiders: Fargas got most of the work last weekend and should continue to see time as the starting runningback with LaMont Jordan ailing and Dominic Rhodes a non-factor.