Another NFL week is in the books, and with it come more gems on the waiver wire in your fantasy football league.
Here are some guys who might be worth a look, if available:
- Ryan Grant, RB, Packers: It now appears as if Grant is going to be the starting runningback for the Green Bay Packers, at least for one week. Grant totaled 100+ yards rushing last night against the Broncos and was named the starter for week 9 following the game by head coach Mike McCarthy.
- Selvin Young, RB, Broncos: Last chance. If, for any reason, this guy is on your waiver wire, GO GET HIM NOW. He looked good last night against a pretty good Packers’ defense, and his numbers could have been even better if a 45+ yard scamper had not been nullified by a holding penalty.
- David Patten, WR, Saints: Patten is carving out a niche in the Saints’ offense that is hard to ignore. He is becoming the No. 2 wide receiver behind Marques Colston, and has posted favorable numbers the last few weeks.
- Kellen Clemens, QB, Jets: Clemens officially was named the starting quarterback for the Jets for the remainder of the season, according to the New York Post. If you are in a deep league, he may be worth a look.
- Adimchinobe (Joe) Echemandu, RB, Texans: The latest in the carousel at runningback in Houston, Echemandu played well in Ahman Green’s absence and could be worth a look for owners in a pinch.
- Chris Henry, WR, Bengals: Henry is due back from suspension in week 10 and he should help the Bengals’ passing game. Yes, that is a scary thought. Too bad the Bengals are terrible on defense.
- Brian Leonard, RB, Rams: If you are a Steven Jackson owner and Leonard is available, you might want to grab this guy. SJax looked good early in his return to action against the Browns, but left late in the 1st quarter with back spasms. He does have two weeks to prepare for the next game, but Leonard is a good insurance policy for SJax owners.