The injury bug has been going around the NFL all season, and week 7 was no different. Ronnie Brown, Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore, Travis Henry, David Garrard, Matt Schaub and many others were officially injury bugged this weekend (some worse than others … see: Ronnie Brown).
As always, some help can be found on the waiver wires for injury-stricken fantasy teams:
- Jesse Chatman, RB, Dolphins: Hopefully, you already snagged the guy. Chances are he is no longer available after the news on Ronnie Brown’s season-ending injury broke yesterday. If he still is available, though, he is worth a spot as the ‘Phins best ball-carrier.
- Kenton Keith, RB, Colts: Probably already owned as well, but he clearly is a must-have for Joseph Addai owners. It now appears as if Keith and Addai will split time the rest of the year, as Keith played extensively on Monday Night Football against Jacksonville and even vultured a touchdown from Addai.
- DJ Hackett, WR, Seahawks: Hackett should return from a high-ankle sprain he suffered early in the season this weekend. He was slated as the No. 2 wide receiver on the Seahawks in preseason and has the tools to succeed in that role going forward … if he can stay on the field.
- Brandon Stokley, WR, Broncos: With Javon Walker out for several weeks, Stokely should carve out a more prominent niche in the Broncos’ passing game. He looked great against the Steelers on Sunday night.
- Kellen Clemens, QB, Jets: If you are in a deep league and need some help at QB, Clemens is worth a consideration. He could take over for much-maligned Jets’ quarterback Chad Pennington as early as this weekend. There is enough talent on the Jets’ offense to help Clemens succeed.