Most fantasy seasons are just about at the midway point this week, so the stretch run is set to begin.
Here are some guys to consider starting/benching this weekend.
- Matt Hasselbeck v. Rams: The Seahawks are a pass-happy team and this game could be a shootout. Hasselbeck played well last week even in the loss.
- Drew Brees v. Falcons: Brees’ owners everywhere breathed a sigh of relief last weekend as the Saints’ quarterback returned to 2006 form. He should stay hot this weekend versus Atlanta in the SuperDome.
- Reggie Bush v. Falcons: Pretty soon he will be a must-start regardless of matchup. I say that happens after this weekend.
- Earnest Graham @ Lions: Yes, the Bucs added Michael Bennett. No, he does not affect Graham’s golden value this weekend.
- Jerricho Cotchery @ Bengals: Cotchery is way overdue for a touchdown, and who better to get one against than the miserable Bengals’ defense?
- Bobby Engram v. Rams: Engram will serve as Matt Hasselbeck’s go-to guy again this weekend with Deion Branch out.
- David Garrard @ Colts: Garrard’s been excellent so far, and the right choice at quarterback for the Jags. But the Colts are fresh coming off the buy and ready for the Jacksonville offense.
- Marc Bulger @ Seahawks: Wait until he shows you something. I would not rush into starting him this weekend on the road.
- Marion Barber v. Vikings: The Vikes are stingy against the run. I expect the Cowboys to use the aerial assault in this matchup.
- Chester Taylor @ Cowboys: Likewise, the Cowboys also are good against the run. Besides, Adrian Peterson is the better runningback on the Vikings, and he should start despite the matchup.
- Reggie Brown v. Bears: Brown showed signs of life last weekend. Keep him on the bench until he gets out of the coffin though.
- Larry Fitzgerald @ Redskins: If you have a better option on the bench, you might want to consider him this weekend, especially if Tim Rattay is starting for the Cards. The Redskins’ secondary is vastly under-rated.
Note: I will be away from the computer most of the day Friday. If I get an opportunity to do some questions, I will answer as many as possible. Good luck this weekend! ~TH~