Five weeks down, and bye weeks continue to bite fantasy teams. Here are some guys to start and sit this weekend:
- Derek Anderson v. Miami: Anderson has been effective as a fantasy starter and gets another favorable matchup this weekend against the struggling ‘Phins.
- Kurt Warner v. Carolina: From now until the end of the season, as long as he is healthy, Warner is an every-week starter.
- Reggie Bush @ Seattle: Bush returns to the spotlight Sunday night on the (sorta) West Coast. Expect fireworks from the now every-down back.
- Larry Johnson v. Cincinnati: Start your studs. But LJ has been anything but a stud this season. However, he gets a good draw in a poor Bengals D this weekend.
- Dwayne Bowe v. Cincinnati: Just like LJ, except Bowe has been a stud. He, too, benefits from the matchup.
- Bobby Engram v. New Orleans: The Saints pass D is bad. With Deion Branch ailing, Engram should see his share of targets.
- Vince Young @ Tampa Bay: Vinsanity just needs to manage the game for the Titans to win, which means minimal fantasy production. The Bucs D will be up to the task of containing VY.
- Phillip Rivers v. Oakland: Good game last weekend in Denver, but this game might be closer and sloppier than most expect.
- DeShaun Foster @ Arizona: The Cardinals have proven they can shut down any running game.
- Marion Barber v. New England: Barber had a light effort last weekend against Buffalo. His struggles should continue against a much better Pats’ D.
- Ronald Curry @ San Diego: With Daunte Culpepper starting for the Raiders, Curry struggles.
- Antwaan Randle El @ Green Bay: Last week was nice, for a half. The lingering hamstring injury and the reappearance of Santana Moss into the starting lineup hurt Randle El’s potential.
Note: The Hazean will try to answer any and all start/sit questions until quitting time Friday afternoon.