The injuries in the NFL are piling up. Vigilance is the key for fantasy owners, especially during this long stretch of season with all the bye weeks.
Here are some guys to take a look at on the waiver wire this week:
- Kurt Warner, Cardinals: This is a no-brainer. Warner has been the best passer on the Cards so far this season, and now that Matt Leinart is expected to miss 6-to-8 weeks with a broken collarbone Warner should put up solid fantasy numbers. He becomes and instant fantasy starter for most teams and could save a season.
- Jason Campbell, Redskins: Campbell looks like a guy who is improving every week. He should be a good bye-week filler for just about any fantasy team right now.
- Earnest Graham, Buccaneers: If he has not been scooped already, his value is even higher today after Michael Pittman’s ankle/leg injury yesterday. Grab him if you need some depth at RB.
- Handcuffs (Kenton Keith, Selvin Young, Brian Leonard, etc.): The injury bug is going around the NFL and hitting the RB position hard. Make sure you handcuff your best RBs from here on out.
- Bryant Johnson, Cardinals: With starter Anquan Boldin ailing, somebody other than Larry Fitzgerald needs to catch passes. Johnson has done well in the past filling in for injured starters, so he should see his share of looks.
- Lance Moore, Saints: In a deep league, Moore is worth a look. Devery Henderson, though he topped 100 yards this week, is losing his starter job faster than he can drop passes, and Moore looks to be the beneficiary.
- Greg Olsen, Bears: He still is not the starting tight end in Chicago, but the Bears tipped their hand a little last night as to how they plan to use Olsen going forward. He lined up at wide receiver several times against the Packers and saw a number of looks from Brian Griese. Right now, he is a good bye week filler at tight end, with potential to be an every-week starter if the Bears continue to utilize him in the passing game.
- Jeff King, Panthers: King is a decent bye-week filler if you are desperate for a tight end.
- Washington Redskins: The ‘Skins D held the Detroit offense to three points. That is pretty solid. This could be a good unit to use in certain weeks with good matchups.
- Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks play the turnover-friendly New Orleans Saints next weekend at home. If this unit is unowned in your league, now is the time to grab them off the wire.
Filed under: Defense, Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports, Football, NFL, Quarterbacks, Runningbacks, Sports, Tight ends, Waiver Wire, Wide receivers | Tagged: Bryant Johnson, Earnest Graham, Greg Olsen, Jason Campbell, Jeff King, Kurt Warner, Lance Moore, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins |