Nearly a third of all fantasy regular seasons are in the books now as we move into the middle of the season. With four NFL weeks behind us, fantasy owners should be getting a clear picture of who should start and who should sit by now.
Of course, there always are tough matchup decisions. Here are a few for week 5:
- Drew Brees v. Carolina: You drafted Drew Brees early for a reason. Start him this week as he should use the extra week of preparation to rebound against the Panthers.
- Joey Harrington @ Tennessee: Harrington is playing well so far this year and is flying under the radar. If you need a spot starter, he should be good for 15+ fantasy points against Tennessee.
- Selvin Young v. San Diego, Kenton Keith v. Tampa Bay: IF, and only IF, Travis Henry and/or Joseph Addai are sidelined this weekend, Young and Keith make good spot starters. Both backups showed flashes of goodness last weekend and could put up some nice looking fantasy numbers if they get the nod.
- Reggie Bush v. Carolina
- Antwaan Randle El v. Detroit: With Santana Moss ailing, someone has to torch the Lions’ secondary. Why not Randle El?
- Santonio Holmes v. Seattle: Holmes is becoming the big-play guy on the Steelers’ offense. With Hines Ward hurting, Holmes becomes Big Ben’s best target in the passing game.
- Marc Bulger/Gus Frerotte v. Arizona: At this point, it should not matter who starts for the Rams. Both of these guys are not in a position to succeed behind St. Louis’ awful offensive line.
- Brian Griese @ Green Bay: Griese was a popular pick-up and play last weekend, but he is not much better than Rex Grossman. Going on the road, with the way the Packers are playing right now, is not a lucrative situation for Griese and the Bears.
- Laurence Maroney v. Cleveland: If Maroney was not healthy enough to play on Monday night, he might not be ready to go Sunday against Cleveland. And it is not like the Pats are desperate without him, he may as well get healthy.
- Travis Henry v. San Diego, Joseph Addai v. Tampa Bay: IF, and only IF, they do not suit up this weekend. Otherwise, get them in your starting lineup. Be sure to tune in early on Sunday morning to determine the status of both players.
- Patrick Crayton @ Buffalo: Not sure if he was a one-week wonder or not yet, but he did poorly leading up to last weekend’s game. Maybe he turned the corner, maybe not. Keep him on the bench at least one more week.
- Vincent Jackson @ Denver: Champ Bailey > Vincent Jackson. ‘Nuff said.
Note: The Hazean will try to answer any and all start/sit questions until quitting time Friday afternoon.
Filed under: Fantasy Football, Fantasy Sports, Football, NFL, Quarterbacks, Runningbacks, Sports, Start Sit, Wide receivers | Tagged: Drew Brees, Joey Harrington, Joseph Addai, Laurence Maroney, Marc Bulger, Santonio Holmes, Travis Henry |