One week in the books … time to take a look at some guys to play and some guys to stash for week 2.
- David Garrard v. Atlanta: Garrard played well in the loss to Tennessee last week, and should have another good outing for the Jaguars against a weakened Falcons’ team.
- Brett Favre @ New York Giants: After watching Dallas’ Tony Romo light up the Giants secondary last week, you think Favre is not salivating?
- Jake Delhomme v. Houston: Delhomme looks like the Jake-of-old. And as long as he keeps throwing to Steve Smith, he should be productive.
- Adrian Peterson @ Detroit: Peterson showed what he can do with the ball last week. Chester Taylor may miss some time due to injury, which means more of the Peterson show.
- DeShaun Foster v. Houston: Foster looked good as the starting back and should have room to run at home versus the Texans.
- Donald Driver @ New York Giants: He is Favre’s favorite target, so expect him to be the recipient of many a Favre pass.
- Bernard Berrian v. Kansas City: Berrian established himself as the No. 1 WR on the Bears last weekend and should post solid numbers at home against the Chiefs.
- Devery Henderson @ Tampa Bay: The Saints failed to stretch the field against the Colts, and that will change this weekend against the Bucs. Henderson torched Tampa last year and will be sent down the field early and often this Sunday.
- Green Bay @ New York Giants: If Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs are out (likely), the Giants offense is in serious trouble against a young, talented Green Bay defense.
- Jacksonville v. Atlanta: The Falcons just may be last year’s Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders.
- Phillip Rivers @ New England: Rivers did not throw a TD pass last week and he faces another tough defense this weekend.
- Matt Hasselbeck @ Arizona: Arizona’s defense is under-rated and will bring a lot of pressure on Hasselbeck.
- Eli Manning v. Green Bay: Regardless of his status, Manning should remain on the bench this week — he is too risky a play with uncertain status against a tough Packers’ defense.
- Ronnie Brown v. Dallas: Brown might not be the runningback everyone thought he would be, and Cam Cameron might just know that. Expect more splitting time with Jesse Chatman this weekend.
- Warrick Dunn @ Jacksonville: Despite giving up 1,000 yards rushing to the Titans last weekend, the Jags D likely will clamp down on the Falcons’ rushing attempt and make Joey Harrington try to beat them.
- Ronald Curry @ Denver: See what Champ Bailey and Dre’ Bly did to Lee Evans and the Buffalo passing game last weekend? Enough said!
- Calvin Johnson v. Minnesota: Minnesota’s D looks very good and should be able to limit touches to anyone not named Roy Williams.
- Plaxico Burress v. Green Bay: If Manning is out, Burress is a risky play. Fantasy owners should sit him only if they have a better WR2 option on the bench.
- Miami v. Dallas: Dallas scored a lot of points last weekend and has an explosive offense. The Dolphins’ D may be too old to keep up.
- Indianapolis @ Tennessee: Indy’s D looked good against the Saints, but Vince Young and the Titans have given the Colts’ problems defensively in recent games.